The following reactions are quite common after a wax treatment and are perfectly normal temporary reactions. Any symptoms should subside within 24-48 hours:
- Slight soreness, small bumps and redness
Aftercare during the next 24 to 48 hours:
- Avoid extreme heat for 24 hrs (very hot baths/showers, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzi’s).You could also pick up an infection from public places.
- No massage or heat treatment for 24 hours
- Avoid sun beds and sunbathing for 24 hours following treatment, as burning can occur.
- No fake tan for 24 hours
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Do not apply anything perfumed or deodorant to the area that has been waxed for 24-48 hours as this could irritate the area.
- Make-up should be avoided following facial hair removal for that 24hours although mineral make up is fine.
- Tight clothing should be avoided following any waxing treatment for 24-48 hours
- Waxing removes dead skin so the skin may be a little lighter immediately following treatment but colour will return to normal within a few hours.
- A heat reaction may be seen on the skin for several hours following treatment and this is quite normal. This will vary from a mild redness to a much stronger skin reaction and some people have red dots on the waxed area for several hours.
- If any spots or rashes persist for more than a week, or become infected, Please consult with your GP.
- If the aftercare advice given is followed the skin will return to normal within 24 hours. If the reaction is still present after this time or worsens, it may be that you have had an allergic reaction to the wax, and you should seek medical advice from your GP.
Homecare preventing ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs occur when a new hair can't break through the surface of the skin and curls back into the pore instead, often resulting in a spot. Starting a few days after your waxing treatment, gently dry brush the skin 2 or 3 times a week or use a gentle exfoliator. Using an antibacterial body wash will also help. Moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to break through.
- Hair needs to be at least 1/2cm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing.
- Please do not shave between your appointments.
- It is recommended to wax every 4-6 weeks to maintain your smooth appearance