Diamond Microdermabrasion treatment is designed to give regenerating, smoothing and anti-aging effects to the facial tissues, as well as a unique and rapid treatment. It is a mechanical peeling process that involves no pain or recovery time. The technique helps to reduce fine line and wrinkles, remove acne scarring, and refines the skin by exfoliating and loosening comedones. As a result of mechanical peeling process the skin receives its first signals for the stimulation of the cell renewal process as well as for the proper migration.
Moreover Microdermabrasion increases the effectiveness of active ingredients used after the peeling procedure. In addition Microdermabrasion brightens and refines the skin and also increase blood circulation, renews collagen, and aids lymphatic drainage. Improved blood circulation brings more nutrients and oxygen to working cells throughout the body, including the skin. In addition to providing oxygen, blood flow also helps carry away waste products, including free radicals, from cells and also flushes cellular debris out of the system.
Generally a course of sessions is required to gain visible improvement.
Great for treating:
- The appearance of fine lines, scars and wrinkles
- Sun damaged and uneven skin tone
- Acne prone skin
- Superficial age spots and
- Excessive oiliness or dry skin
- Any skin infection ( impetigo) or disorders can cause cross contamination
- Recent cosmetic procedure such as : chemical peel or laser surgery because the skin is thin and needs to heal completely
- Keloidal scarring- treatment would worse the condition
- Roactane medication for acne (avoid for 3-6 months after the course has ended)
- Retinol A(no treatment for 1 month after the course has ended)
- Failure of skin sensitivity or thermal testing
- Auto immune diseases (any healing problems)
- Blood disorder (hepatitis B, AIDs, HIV) can cause cross infection
- Not immediately after Wax depilation
- Recent sunburn or recent sun exposure (wait 2 weeks)
- Highly vascular or circulatory disorders
- Super-sensitive skins
- Eczema& Psoriasis
- Broken skin
- Malignant melanoma
- Herpes simplexSepsis
- Fine or young skin
- Active acne or broken capillaries (avoid this area)
- pregnant woman in the first trimester
- SPF 20 must be worn daily for one month afterwards because Microdermabrasion removes top protective layer of skin cells, so extra protection is necessary for one month post.
- Do not use exfoliation products i.e. AHA’s, Glycolic & Retin A products for 12 hours post peel.
- No exposure to sunbeds for one month post treatment
- No Heat treatments permitted for 48hrs afterwards (sauna, steam room, hot showers, facial waxing)
- No makeup application permitted for 24hrs afterwards, with the exception of a mineral make up which can be applied immediately after.
- No perfumes for 48hrs after
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized
- Skin may be red for a short while afterwards cold compresses may be used as necessary
- Any impurities under the skin will come to the surface within a short time after the treatment, so a breakout is a good sign of the skin clearing impurities from within.