Micro-needling treatment also called as (Collagen Induction Therapy CIT). Micro-needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that naturally helps trigger collagen and elastin synthesis within the skin with maximum results and minimum down-time. It’s safe for nearly all skin types.
Micro-needling is a type of treatment that uses small needles to cause tiny punctures in the skin. These small contact points encourage the body to create a wound healing response and renew the skin cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin are triggered to give an almost immediate plumping effect. New collagen and elastin are essential in keeping the dermis elastic and resilient thus firmer and wrinkle free and glowing.
The automatic vibrating function of the micro-needling Pen increases the effectiveness of skin treatments by increasing absorption of products, while reducing pain and discomfort. Micro-needling treatment is just as effective as ablative treatments such as Fraxel, IPL, Laser Resurfacing, and Chemical Peels. The most amazing benefit is that Micro-needling cost is a fraction of the leading alternatives.
Micro needling treatment can be performed on:
- Neck & Decolletage
- Abdomen, Thighs, Buttocks
- Head skin
Micro needling treatment can:
- Fine lines & Wrinkles
- Acne Scaring, Surgery Scars
- Loss of Volume
- Uneven skin texture
- Dry skin
- Stretch marks
- Alopecia, hair regeneration
- Keloid -is a thick over grown scar resulting from excessive growth of collagen that can occur after injury.
- Blood Disorders
- Skin Disease
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Anticoagulants (If you are taking anti-coagulants you can bruise and bleed easily so best to wait until you are medically advised your blood platelets have returned to normal levels.)
- Active Acne
- Active Cold Sores (Herpes Simplex)
- Active Shingles or Chicken Pox (Varicella-Zoster Virus)
- Just had Skin Laser Treatment, Botox or other Injectables (need to wait 2 months before any further procedures are undertaken especially if injected with Teosyal, Sculptra or Artefill)
- Just had Dermal Fillers (you can undertake skin needling 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after the dermal fillers are inserted)
- Just had Facial Surgery (wait 6 months)
- New Scars ( need to wait 6 months)
- Corticosteroids (best to avoid skin needling as these drugs have a skin thinning effect.)
- Pregnancy & Breast Feeding
Does micro-needling treatment hurt?
A topical anaesthetic cream is used before the treatment, so discomfort, if any, is minimal. The most sensitive areas are: the forehead and upper lip.
- Skin after the treatment is red, irritated, slightly swollen. These symptoms can last up to 2 days. Aftercare is very important for proper skin healing after the treatment!!
- DO NOT EXPOSE YOURSELF TO THE SUN!! After you have undergone your micro-needling procedure, stay out of the sun and do not apply any sunscreen, due to the toxins that may be contained in the lotion. Post procedure, the skin channels are completely open, and any toxins contained in topical applicants may be harmful to you.
- It is not recommended to apply makeup and creams that may cause irritation or infection for 48 hours!! The skin needs to ‘’breath’’!! The skin channels are open, and using a makeup brush can penetrate the pores, especially if they are very thin, causing further irritation. Using a makeup brush that has been used before can contaminate the skin and, consequently, lead to infections. Wait 24 to 48 hours before you apply face makeup to give your skin the necessary recovery time.
- Avoid products that contain things like Alpha Hydroxyl Acids, Retinol and other similar agents.
- Avoid Sweating As you sweat the pores of your skin will reopen, and the bacteria on your skin may enter the skin punctures. This can lead to a either a reaction or infection.
- Drink plenty of water It is important to stay hydrated before and after your procedure to help your skin heal and rejuvenate faster.
When do patients see results?
Final results won’t be noticeable from three to twelve months as boosting collagen and elastin within the dermis take time. Remodelling the skin and complete rejuvenation takes 3-12 months. Results are dependent on the individual